What are the benefits of work experience?
- gaining practical experience in the career you are interested in or an insight into a career you
hadn’t previously considered
- developing your self-confidence, empathy and respect for others and giving you the satisfaction of making a difference to patients, service users, clients and staff
- providing opportunities to develop skills that will be useful in any future jobs, such as communication and teamwork
- enabling you to put your experience on your applications for colleges, universities and jobs and it gives you something to talk about at interview
Our work experience will give you:
- an opportunity to see first-hand what happens in a typical day on the job
- an assigned mentor/supervisor who will support and encourage you whilst on your placement
- an excellent insight into one or more health and social care organisations
- a safe and secure placement where you will be treated fairly and with respect
Who are placements for?
Our wide range of placements are available to anyone, whether you are at school or college,
applying for a course or to university, or seeking experience prior to gaining employment or changing careers. We welcome and support applications from people covered by all protected groups in the Equality Act. Some age restrictions may apply to ensure safety, depending on the nature of the work, but this will be shown against the opportunity.