About University Hospitals of Leicester
We are one of the biggest and busiest NHS Trusts in the country. We serve the one million residents of Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland and our specialist services cover a much wider area. These specialist treatment and services include our nationally and internationally-renowned services in cardio-respiratory diseases, ECMO, cancer and renal disorders. These services reach a further two to three million patients from the rest of the country.
Wherever you work at whatever level, staff at University Hospitals of Leicester are valued and contribute to our purpose of delivering ‘caring at its best’. In Leicester you won’t just be part of a team, you’ll also become a member of the wider Trust family.
Whilst everyone working within the NHS can be assured of receiving the standard terms and conditions, here in Leicester we go above and beyond the national requirements.
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of healthcare, nursing and support jobs in Leicestershire.
Reasons to work at University Hospitals of Leicester
- As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in the UK, there are plenty of opportunities and different areas to develop your career
- Our purpose is to deliver Caring at its best, and we need the best staff to do this.
- We listen to our staff and involve them in making changes through our ‘UHL Way’ and ‘Listening into Action’ programmes. Find out more here
- We offer a range of options to help maintain a good work-life balance. This includes full time and part time hours, fixed term, flexible retirement and bank only contract options.
- We have a comprehensive Trust induction programme for all new starters.
- The Trust mainly operates its services across three main hospital sites in Leicester, with a free bus ‘hopper’ service for staff.
- We offer learning and development opportunities and career paths for job satisfaction and personal progress. Find our more here
- Well-being at work is an important focus. Thanks to the staff lottery there is the opportunity to take part in a range of sports, classes and events such as quiz nights. Further to this, there are a number of staff services for example physiotherapy self-referral and staff counselling
- The salary maxing scheme has a range of employee benefits. For example there are car, cycle and IT schemes.
- Leicester and the surrounding areas are a great place to live with many open spaces and events. Find out more here
Our Trust Values:
- Clinical Management Groups
Our services are categorised in CMG’s which are:
CSI – Clinical Support & Imaging
CHUGS – Cancer, Haematology, Urology, Gastroenterology & Surgery
ESM – Emergency & Specialist Medicine
ITAPS – Critical Care, Theatres, Anaesthetics, Pain & Sleep
MSKSS – Musculoskeletal & Specialist Surgery
RRCV – Renal, Respiratory & Cardiac
WOMENS AND CHILDRENS
ESTATES AND FACILITIES
ALLIANCE – Leicester, Leicester & Rutland Elective Care
- Maternity Services
We deliver around 11,000 babies each year, at home, within our Midwife led Birth Centres and on the two main hospital Delivery Suites.
We have two specialist maternity units. These are based at the Royal Infirmary and General Hospital and include:
- Antenatal Clinics including Consultant / Specialist / Midwife and Nurse Led Clinics
- Maternity Assessement Units where women with problems who are not in labour are assessed
- Midwife led birth centres staffed by midwives and maternity care assistants
- Two delivery suites staffed by midwives, doctors, anaesthetists and maternity care assistants
We have a Birth Centre based at St Mary’s Hospital in Melton Mowbray, and also a dedicated Home Birth Team.
We have a Neonatal Unit at the Royal Infirmary and a Special Care Baby Unit at the General Hospital. These units provide intensive care, high dependency care and transitional care when needed.
We are the lead centre for the Regional Neonatal Network. This means that we take babies from around the country who need our neonatal expertise.
To find out more, click Here
- Childrens Hospital
The Childrens Hospital is based at Leicester Royal Infirmary. We provides a range of services from surgery to cancer investigation and treatment. The heart services department is based at Glenfield Hospital.
We provide family-centred care for children needing surgical, medical and emergency treatment. There are many paediatric services including intensive care, high dependency care, specialist surgery and respiratory specialties.
Plans have been released for the new Childrens Hospital at the Leicester Royal Infirmary site. This will include a new maternity hospital and all childrens services at the new site, including heart services and intensive care.
To find out more, click Here
- East Midlands Congenital Heart Centre
The care children receive at the East Midlands Congenital Heart Centre is now located in the Kensington Building at the Leicester Royal Infirmary site. The recent move enables the service to be co-located with all paediatric services to improve the experience for patients and their families when they need us most. Our adult congenital heart disease services are located at Glenfield Hospital where they run alongside the other adult cardiology services. To find out more please click Here
- National Institute for Health Research
Leicester has a newly established Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) which allows for pioneering research into medical advancements. BRC has links with a range of industry partners and continues to seek new collaborators that have a shared determination to make advances in medicine to improve patients’ lives.
To find out more, click Here
Whatever stage you are at in your career, if you interested in finding out what it is like to work here at the University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust, then please get in touch…Find out more