Our vision is clear – that we will work with creativity and drive for the benefit of the people that live and work in our wonderful city. We believe it is important to have a clear vision backed up by strong values as this helps define what we do as an organisation and ensures we are all working towards the same goals. If you wish to read more about our vision and values click here.
Achieve in Health and Social Care
Whether you are seeking work in a frontline role or a strategic position we are hiring creative and talented individuals to strengthen our team of health and social care professionals and to help shape our longer-term plans for Leicester.
If you are looking for a career that is more than ‘just a job’, we have a number of career opportunities available.
Leicester City Council is the perfect place to take the next step in your career as you will become part of our journey to develop new ways of working and to improve service standards. We can offer you the opportunity to maximise your potential, make a difference and help build a better future for the citizens of Leicester.
- Adult Social Care
- The purpose of Adult Social Care is to protect and empower the most vulnerable people in Leicester. Our primary purpose is to enable self-support and independence, support and protect vulnerable people and promote individual well-being. To find out more about our Adult Social Care strategies please click here.
- Children's Social Care
- Leicester City Council aims to strengthen parenting capacity while remaining clear about our duty to safeguard vulnerable children and young people. We offer activities and services to help rebuild and strengthen children and young people’s resilience. To find out more about our working in our Education and Children’s Services please click here.
Leicester City Council Job Opportunities
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of adults, children and families and are committed to protecting the most vulnerable then we want to hear from you. You will be joining us at a great time as we look forward to the future with confidence and commit to building a solid and stable workforce that, are willing to learn and have a desire to achieve the best for themselves and the most vulnerable in the city.
Search our job vacancies now or register for job alerts to hear from us about future opportunities.
Reasons to Work for Leicester City Council
- Competitive benefits package including a generous annual leave entitlement and a highly attractive local government pension scheme
- Policies and practices that support flexible and agile working including flexi-time (flexibility over the working day), part-time working, job sharing, hot desking and home working
- Supportive managers who are approachable and understanding
- Leicester City Council jobs offer good quality training with opportunities for learning and development including personal and professional development
- A supportive team environment with established and effective working relationships
- Benefits that are focused on supporting your health and wellbeing including discounted leisure centre memberships and a confidential counselling service
Whatever stage you are at in your career, if you interested in finding out what it is like to work here at Leicester City Council – through participating in work experience opportunities, then get in touch…Apply Now
The student social worker placement provision to help ASYEs develop their skills, knowledge and capability, and strengthen their confidence is outstanding.