- This event has passed.
Dignity Action Day #DAD2020
1st February 2020
Dignity Action Day #DAD2020 is an annual opportunity for health and social care workers, and members of the public to uphold people’s rights to dignity and provide a truly memorable day for people who use care services.
Dignity Action Day gives everyone the opportunity to contribute to upholding people’s rights to dignity and provide a truly memorable day for people receiving care. Dignity Action Day aims to ensure people who use care services are treated as individuals and are given choice, control and a sense of purpose in their daily lives.
Dame Joan Bakewell, Dignity in Care Ambassador said:
“Dignity Action Day highlights a more respectful way of behaving towards vulnerable people. The very old and the very young clearly need our respect, but it wouldn’t do any harm to spread the dignity message across the population then we can all benefit.”
Supporting Dignity Action Day will:
- Raise awareness of the importance of Dignity in Care
- Provide someone with an extra special day
- Demonstrate that everybody in the community has a role to play in upholding Dignity in Care
- Remind the public that staff have a right to be treated with dignity and respect too
- Provide a great community networking opportunity.
On Dignity Action Day we ask health and social care workers to promote dignity in their place of work. We also asks members of the public to promote dignity for people in their communities.
- Below is a flyer and resource packs with ideas for health and social care staff and members of the public as to how to take part in Dignity Action Day
- See the Dignity Action Day Memory Book to give you further inspiration
- Once you have decided what you are going to do you, add your pledge or activity to the website to inspire and encourage others.