Band 5 Registered Nurse (Level 1), Leicester (various locations)
Can you demonstrate our values of Trust, Respect, Integrity and Compassion? Do you share in our ambition to create high quality, compassionate care and wellbeing for all?
Then take a step towards LPT…
Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides a range of community health, mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages. Delivered through over 100 settings from inpatient wards to out in the community, our 6,500 staff serves over 1m people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
LEICESTERSHIRE PARTNERSHIP TRUST COMMUNITY HEALTH SERVICES
Job Title: Community Nurse (General Wound Clinics)
Grade: Band 5
Hours: Full time and part time hours which will be worked on a roster basis and will
include a shift pattern to cover the service 08.30 to 16.30 seven days aweek.
Reports to: Team Leader
Locality: Leicester City (Various Locations)
Base:Cover clinics across Leicester City.
ARE YOU A NURSE WHO STRIVES TO MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE TO THE LIVES OF YOUR PATIENTS?
Do you have the PASSION, DRIVE AND ABILITY to deliver high quality compassionate care?
If The answer is yes, then joining us in Community Nursing Services could be the perfect career move for you.
This is what our patients and their loved ones say about our nurses –
“I don’t know what I would do without the nurses”
“I have a named nurse who knows about my care and knows me as a person”
“It was lovely to see your smiling faces at my door”
“I was very impressed with the service. Very professional and informative”
“Lovely staff, always cheer me up”
This is what our staff say about working within Community Nursing Services –
“I feel supported by staff and management”
“Autonomous working in the community is very rewarding”
“I always receive positive feedback”
“We have regular meetings to keep updated”
This is an exciting opportunity for level 1 (Adult) Registered Nurses to become part of our new and developing Leicester City Clinic Team where we offer treatment, advice and education on general wound care in local accessible clinics. We work in an integrated way with health and care providers across the whole system in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland to ensure that care is joined up. Whenever we can, we strive to care for patients in the community setting, helping them to maintain independence and ensuring that high quality care is delivered in an efficient and holistic manner.
We are working hard to continually improve our outcomes for patients and our experience for staff in delivering care and have new investment to improve our capacity to keep developing.
We would love to hear from you if you can –
- Demonstrate your passion and ability to assess, plan, provide and evaluate evidence based nursing care for patients who have general wounds.
- Support our patients and work with people in an asset-based way that really enables them to live their optimum life, being self-caring and independent with their health needs where possible.
- Work collaboratively, efficiently and creatively with multi professional colleagues and partners to avoid hospital admissions.
In return we would love to offer you –
- Regular, meaningful clinical supervision tailored to your specific needs.
- A well-supported and individually tailored 1 month induction program.*This includes 1 month across all clinic locations shadowing and being supported by current clinic staff.
- A professional development plan which supports your continuous learning and development.
- Training and quality improvement opportunities.
- A healthy work life balance with weekend working on a rota of one in 9 and rotated bank holiday cover and no night shifts.
- Exciting technological developments to support you to deliver the care you aspire to give.
- The opportunity to work within an innovative and progressive service which is testing and developing new ways of working.
This is such an exciting time to be joining this transforming service and be part of its development. We offer you the chance to develop your current skills, with a supportive induction plan and an opportunity to attend our Tissue Viability training programs which include Wound Care 1 (Basic Wound Care), Wound Care 2 (Specialist Wounds Care), Lower Limb Training (Compression/Lower Limb Assessment 2 Day Course) and Pressure Ulcer Prevention. If you want to be the nurse that makes a difference then WE WANT YOU!
Car driver essential. We operate car leasing and salary sacrifice car scheme subject to meeting the qualifying criteria.
For more informstion, or to apply, please visit the NHS Recruitment site: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/f8aa59d13a88d103bba1abdda1f0cb32/?vac_ref=915920404